Home Products Lasers DPSS Laser Kit for Education and Research: LASKIT®-500
DPSS Laser Kit for Education and Research: LASKIT®-500
Our bestselling Diode-Pumped Solid-State Laser Kit for Education & Research. Features 5 modes of operation, incl. CW & Q-switched!
Diode-Pumped Solid-State Laser Kit: LASKIT®-500 [Detailed Datasheet, PDF]
The LASKIT®-500 is a multipurpose laser source aimed at education, research and testing. In fact, it is the most versatile DPSS laser kit on the market, featuring five modes of operation.
- Great for Education & Research!
- Five different laser sources at the price of one!
- Special discounts for educational and research institutions!
|Five Modes of Operation
- CW @ 1064 nm
- Q-switched @ 1064 nm
- Intracavity Frequency Doubled CW @ 532 nm
- Intracavity Frequency Doubled and Q-Switched @ 532 nm
- External Frequency Doubling of the Q-Switched 1064 nm
- Education in Theory & Practice
- Laser & Optics Research & Testing
- Laser-Matter Interaction
- Start-Up for DPSS Laser Development
The following fundamentals of laser theory and practice can be investigated:
- Stability regions of laser cavity
- Various transversal cavity modes (TEM00 and higher)
- Optimum cavity configuration for TEM00 mode
- Optimum output coupling
- Laser threshold and differential efficiency
- Passive Q-switching threshold phenomena, pulse forms, optimization for maximum output power and maximum output energy, shortest pulse conditions
- Internal frequency doubling in CW-operation
- External frequency doubling in Q-switched mode
- Fluorescence lifetime of the active medium
- Laser dynamics (relaxation oscillations, Q-switching), dependence on active medium parameters; comparison between different active media (Nd:YAG and Nd:YVO4)
The LASKIT®-500 includes:
- Pump laser diode with Peltier cooler and attached pump optics
- Laser diode driver & thermoelectric controller LDD1-1T (optional: LPS1-2T, microprocessor-controlled)
- Laser crystal Nd:YAG (Nd:YVO4 optional), with a heat sink
- Set of two laser cavity mirrors (flat/curved)
- Cr4+:YAG passive Q-switch, AR/AR coated
- KTP frequency doubler with special coatings, in a holder
- Mirror and crystal mounts (3 pieces)
- Optical bench
- Diode laser module (670 mm) for aligning the laser cavity, with holder
- Infrared-to-visible converter (model IR-VIS-15-B), Ø 15 mm, for aligning the IR laser and mode analysis (also suitable for high-power lasers)
- Ultrafast photo detector (model UPD-300-SP) with rise time <300 ps, spectral range 320 - 1100 nm, external power supply, suitable for observing the relaxation oscillations and pulse duration of the Q-switched mode
- CCD linear array (model CCD-2000M) with 2048 pixels, high sensitivity, driver electronics and power supply, suitable for laser beam analysis, M² measurements, autocorrelators, etc.
The laser crystal, the passive Q-switch and the KTP-doubler are mounted in special holders for fast and easy exchange, alignment and handling. Switching from one mode of operation to another (e.g. from CW to Q-switched, or from IR to frequency doubling) can be done in a minute.
Contact Us Now for Quotes, Prices, Inquiries, Questions & Ordering!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for quotes, prices, inquiries, questions about our products, customer-specific parameters and ordering:
Sales Quick Contact Form
Request a quote, get prices,
ask questions, order products.
If you prefer you may also
send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Academia
Universities, research & academic institutions belong to our most important customers. We offer many products (also customer-specific) to meet your special needs. Contact us now for more information & special discounts!